About My First Book Horizons and How to Order

Introducing My First Poetry Book, "Horizons"

  My first poetry book, Horizons (Atmosphere Press)  AVAILABLE NOW!! Embark on a captivating journey through the vibrant world of living so...

Monday, August 17, 2020

Breakup: A Villanelle

 Having a little fun with the villanelle form:


She said, “Never again

will you be anything

I need.”  To get out of here

 

is all I can think of

if she really meant that thing

she said.  “Never!”  Again,

 

I think of our love

and there must be something

I need to get.  “Out of here

 

I can rise above

like a bird on a wing,”

she said.  Never again

 

seeing my little dove?

And to do?  There’s nothing

I need to.  “Get out of here.”

 

It’s as if she gives me a shove

and my heart can no longer sing.

She said, “Never again.”

I need to get out of here.

 

 

Tansy Julie Soaring Eagle Paschold

August 16, 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment