About My First Book Horizons and How to Order

Introducing My First Poetry Book, "Horizons"

  My first poetry book, Horizons (Atmosphere Press)  AVAILABLE NOW!! Embark on a captivating journey through the vibrant world of living so...

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

How to make a Denim Butt Purse

A little how to while Old Man Winter finds his sleeping pills and leaves us alone soon....

By request....

How to make my butt purses.  This may put me out of business since it is so easy.

You need a pair of denim pants and a belt.  The size of the pants determines the size of the purse.  I love my son's little pants, but larger sizes are more functional.

Lay the pants out, either butt or front side up.  With strong scissors, cut along the line where the crotch is.  Keep the legs for another project, my denim tote bag.  (Yes, I use everything.)

Turn inside out.  Then sew along that line to create the purse.  Here is a photo of the purse after the bottom is sewed:

Then turn right side out.

Take the belt (a longer one that is fabric works best) and hand sew on the sides for the handle.  Obviously, a longer belt makes a longer handle.  Or use smaller pieces of ribbon or other straps for shorter handles on the side.

Here are two photos of the finished product.


Now fill with your essentials or give as a gift, and enjoy!  The pockets are natural places for those smaller items you need to find quickly like the cell phone, cough drops, lipstick, and keys.

If you use this, please quote the idea by Julie Paschold through Soaring Eagle Creativity.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment